There are a multiple foods that help to fight aging. The super foods are a completely different category because you do not really need large quantities of it, but you will need a healthy dose of each on a daily basis. It is easy to pick exotic super food like dried licorice root, but not everyone can get accustomed to the taste. Some foods are acquired tastes.
Here are five simple and staple foods that are actually a super food! They are easier on your palate and most are easy on the wallet too.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains a lot of lactic acid that helps keep your teeth healthy and has great taste without the addition of sugar.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants! If you do not feel like munching them by the handful, be creative and freeze them in water as ice cubes. You will have flavored water with the goodness of the berries! You can also use these ice cubes with green tea and get a double dose of antioxidants.
- Grapefruit: These contain lower calories and tons of Vitamin C. You could have a slice for breakfast and add microwave walnuts for additional fatty acids that are very healthy!
- Pomegranates: This fruit is also rich in antioxidants and will keep your skin glowing and healthy. Use them in your salad or make sangria.
- Avocado: You can make a super salad with avocado, mango, and lime. This will keep your skin supple and certainly help keep the wrinkles at bay.